Translate

Saturday 14 June 2014

I Want To Divorce My Husband. Can I Get Married Again?


Am 24yrs old. Got married last year. I have a son for him but i cant stay with him. I met him and he immediately proposed to me and i accepted because i was having many suitors then that were all AS and am AS. He is not educated and not very rich. He came with his people to our house for introduction. I became pregnant for him. The day i told him that i was pregnant, he confessed to me that he doesnt have any money for brideprice, that he is owing bank and doesnt even have money to pay. I cried that day because of the pain i wil pass through. What he told me was whether i ve not seen girls that give birth in their father’s house. I was stil thinking of what to do when he went and told my father that am already pregnant for him.

My father got annoyed and refused to pay my school fees for that year. I was in 3rd year in the university then, it was my mother that paid, if not i would ve quitted school. After some months, he came and paid my dowry. When he was abt coming, i called him and told him to please add more 5 thousand to the brideprice that i wil give him back so that my kinsmen wont laugh at me, he accepted but came with the same amt he told me initially. He did that because he knew i was already pregnant i cant leave him. After the brideprice payment while i was in his house, he will go out and comeback very late. When i try to be annoyed to know if he wil apologise, he wil just leave and go to bed. He will never apologise or console me even when i cry the whole night. In my tradition, after this first visit am supposed to go home with cloths but i went home with nothing.

I wedded on sept. 2012 and i have a baby boy for him but i regret why i accepted to marry him. When i remember the past i hate him so much. The worst part of it is that he wants us to pack to village because he cant pay house rent. He doesnt even talk to me in manner that wil calm me down. He tells me” you think you are coming to enjoy money, you didnt look before leaping” . No remorse at all. I dont want to stay in the village after graduation. Am currently in my parents house so they help me carry my baby while i go to school. Even my mother regrets why i married him. Should i start suffering from poverty and a husband who doesnt appreciate me at my age till when. Am about writing my degree exam and am not concentrating. I need your advice please before i run mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment