Translate

Wednesday 22 July 2015

ACTRESS IYABO OJO: WHY I’M GETTING MARRIED SOON + LIMELIGHT DID NOT COLLAPSE MY FIRST MARRIAGE

Iyabo Ojo is no doubt one of the most sought after actresses in the Yoruba movie genre, cutting across the English movies in Nigeria, the multi-talented actress is an epitome of beauty any day, as a matter of fact, a lot of comment has been posted on her social media pages recently as a result of her look, the reason is not farfetched, she is a brain behind a Spa, a beauty parlor and a body beauty enhancement outfit. She shouldn’t be looking less beautified. Her glowing skin can’t be overemphasized, despite the fact that she has 2 grown up kids, she could compete with loads of single girls who are yet to have a child and win on a landslide victory. In this exclusive piece, she spoke to City People about her career, kids, relationship and many more.

Excerpts:
What have you been up to lately?
Well, I have been a bit busy, I have been taking my new movies round about the cinemas. ‘Silence’ just finished airing at the Silverbird cinemas in Ibadan and Ilorin. It’s their new cinema that has just been launched penultimate week and ‘Beyond Disability’, my second movie is just around the corner ready to be released. So, am working on my new movie called Black Val, an English movie which is set to impress all my fans and Nigerians at large. It featured the likes of Desmond Elliot, Belinda, Eniola Badmus, Seun Akindele, myself and several others.

Your last movie Arinzo, contains scenes of gun shots, robbery and the likes, why the story line?
Well, it’s a way of putting into acting the crime rate in our society and it’s also an avenue to educate the audience, especially we parents, we have to be careful about the kind of job we choose to do because it will definitely tell on the children. If you carefully watched Arinzo, you will notice that their parents were also notorious, engaged in 419, dubious acts in their days. So it’s just passing a message that whatever negative thing you do as parents, nature has a way of turning around the table. Although, no matter how bad one tend to be, there’s always someone good around such a person, in the movie, one of the kids happens to be a police officer. So basically it’s just one of life’s occurrence.

You are very articulate and appear so brilliant, even while acting…
(Laughs) I should be, because I went to a good school in Gbagada for my primary education, also to National College in Gbagada for my secondary education, and to Lagos state Polytechnic to study Estate management.

So, how did you get into acting?
Ever since I was young I have always loved acting and entertainment. You know when you really love doing something, you find yourself towards that direction with all passion, despite how hard it looks, I just found myself going back into it. I just believe its God and its destiny. I have been writing storyline since I was young. There was a time I would write story and give to producers to develop it for me. So, I just love it, it is inbuilt, not that I studied creative or Theatre Art or anything related to that field. I also love singing and dancing. The older I got, the more in love I discovered I get with my passion.

Have you any regrets?
No… initially you may feel it is a regret, if you are new in the industry and don’t know the rigors. You may feel these are regret because first of all, your private life becomes public consumption. So, as you grow old in the industry you begin to learn how to manage that, after a while it’s no more a problem. I learnt to live with it.

So, what has stardom brought to you?
It has brought fame, it has brought money, and it has brought happiness and fulfilment. It has opened doors for me in places I never even thought of. It has allowed me to know that my country Nigerian appreciates me.

Are you married?
I used to be married, I have two wonderful kids. My first is about entering the university this year and the second next year. So I am blessed with my 2 kids.

What about their dad?
He is doing fine

Is he married?
I think so, am not sure.

Are you planning to remarry as well?
Sure, am getting married soon. You see my definition of marriage is happiness undiluted. Ever since I have been separated, there is only one goal and that is my happiness and that is what I look for, when you are happy, you will have sound mind and then you can concentrate on achieving so much on your kids, your work and business. I am very hardworking and determined and I don’t compromise my happiness, I can’t trade it for anything. My happiness comes first. I have a man in my life and we have been together for a while now, I love him, he cherishes my happiness and can’t compromise it as well. He supports everything I do, but sometimes the best boyfriend may not be the best husband, but I leave it all to God to perfect all that is left.

Why are you just considering marriage now?
I tell people that marriage is good. Sincerely it is good, but one needs to study ones partner. Courtship is very important, you need to know each other deeply, study yourselves in all aspects, study each other to an extent. There are so many things that entails in a marriage, love is not enough. You have to make your partner your best friend, you have to long for each other, you must always have the zeal and desire to see each other to digest all activities that have involved you two separately, you have to appreciate each other, tolerate each other shortcomings with love, if you don’t love what she does, or vice versa.
I say it is not marriage, if you can’t stand his or her family members, honestly you can’t manage it, so many factors, and love is not enough. Never marry and say I would manage, never marry and say I will change him. Marriage is beyond all that. If you think you can change a man, you will only be in bondage. Don’t marry thinking you can change a circumstance, never, it’s not possible and in my own case, it’s so difficult because I am out there, a man who wants to marry me must be able to understand me because I am not ready to quit my career. This is what makes me me!

So, do you mean being in the limelight affected your marriage?
I wasn’t in the limelight when I left my husband, it was when I left him that I came into limelight. Although I was partially into acting, but I had to leave it for my marriage and then have my kids, it was after I left my marriage that I came fully into acting. I made up my mind to take up acting fully when my marriage was not working.

So, tell me about your SPA, Fespris world?
We have a beauty SPA, we do body scrub, body massage, body glow, waxing, in short, and everything that makes a woman beautiful. We have a beauty salon, a barbing section, manicure, pedicure, we sell some fashion accessories. It’s been going good, it’s over a year now and God has been faithful

So, how soon is the wedding bells ringing?
Just keep your fingers crossed

What’s your children’s take on your new found love?
They love him so much. He is a daddy to them. They see him more often than anyone else and he takes good care of them like his own children. In fact, I am blessed to have this man in my life.


culled: http://www.playgroundtv.net

No comments:

Post a Comment