Translate

Wednesday 23 September 2015

‘‘MY RESEMBLANCE WITH TUFACE HELPED TO BOOST MY CAREER’’- JOEL AMADI

Joel Amadi is a young artiste with remarkable voice that inevitably reminds you of one of the Nigeria’s finest and most decorated artiste, Tuface Idibia. The latter was of course was with Kennis Music label for many years until he established his own record label. Hypertek Entertainment in 2006.in an interview with City people, Joel spoke about his journey to stardom, his affiliation with Tuface and more.


How did music start for you?
Music started when I was 12, I joined a children choir. Then I got promoted to senior choir. Then I created my own acapella group where we could make beats with our own body and mouth without the normal drums, keyboard and everything. It was then I discovered the music thing in me.

How did Kennis Music discover you?
I went to Kennis Music. I was hoping Hypertek would sign me but the night I went to his house, they actually had this novelty football match that was the first time I met Tuface one on one, unfortunately it didn’t go well. He was leaving for California that night, he didn’t have much of time. So I called my manager and told him that the plan didn’t work, so I went to Kennis Music to see Baba Keke and D1 with about 5 of my songs, they asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted to be promoted on their platform. So we got the deal signed without a lawyer.

How long is the contract you signed with Kennis Music?
I’m with Kennis Music for as long as I want and everything is going well. Baba Keke is like a father to me.

JOE1
Did your resemblance with Tuface inspired your desire to be signed to Hypertek Music?
No. I felt he would love my music and people kept saying he would love it when I was in Jos. And the fact that he is from the same place with my mom, I felt we were family and it would work out.

So how did you end up featuring Tuface?
I actually thought Tuface won’t like the idea that Kennis Music signed me because people kept saying Baba Keke had signed a new guy to replace Tuface and so on. I told myself that Tuface is a mentor and until I can prove myself, I would go to Tuface and work with him.

Did your resemblance with Tuface help to boost your career in any way?
It helped me because the people who truly loved Tuface love me too. When I was in Jos, people always say I look like Tuface, and I usually told them to stop joking. When I got to Lagos and people like faze, Black Faze who grew up with Tuface saw me, they said the same thing and that was when I believed the story.

How do you feel being the only artiste left in Kennis Music?
Kennis Music is like family to me. I met them when I was not in the industry, so there is no reason I should start feeling bigger than them.

Wat is the biggest challenge you have encountered in the industry?
I have encountered so many challenges, but the one that I think is big is when I woke up one morning and it got dawned on me that I was the only one on Kennis Music. I had to talk to myself and ask how I was going to make Baba Keke proud because others who left made him proud. I found it as a big challenge to work harder, during that time my idea of hustling changed from whatever it was to whatever it is now.

culled:http://www.goldmyne.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment