Translate

Friday 6 June 2014

"Some Of My Colleagues Are Scared Of Me" - Actress Nike Peller


Famous Yoruba actress, Nike Peller in an interview with us, she debunked tales making rounds that she has abandoned acting for magic. The daughter of late magician, Professor Peller and her brother Zito Peller recently stepped into their father's shoes and have been spotted performing magic at many high-profile events.
The Oyo-born entertainer disclosed that they charge as much as N1m or half a million depending on the client and location of the event. She also added that some of her colleagues in the movie industry are now a bit scared of her.

"Some few ones who know nothing about magic are scared of me. The last time I performed at Lizzy Anjorin's event, I overheard a lot of my colleagues saying, "Ha, I won't eat with Nike Peller again o. How did it happen now? After all we didn't close our eyes." And so on. I just laughed because they don't know what we call magic. No voodoo whatsoever, it's all about entertainment."

Is her husband afraid of her being a magician?
"He understands the fact that there is nothing special abut magic. The way some people see it, they think magic involves something diabolical. Whereas nothing like that at all. Magic is purely an entertainment stuff. So, my husband as a person is not in anyway afraid of me. He even encourages me a lot about it. He always reminds me to go for rehearsals anytime I forget. He knows much about magic, I mean, in terms of what it takes. He is an informed person. He knows there is nothing scary about magic, despite not being a magician."
On whether she'll put some of their performances on DVD.

"We can't do that because people will think we're trying to put some effects into it. It's better we invite them to see us live.

No comments:

Post a Comment