Translate

Friday 26 September 2014

UPDATE: Ekiti High Court Shut Indefinitely Over Assaulted Judge, Fayose Speaks

             
The Ekiti State High Court was today shut indefinitely after a High Court Judge was allegedly beaten by Pro-Fayose thugs this morning in the court premises.
The Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice of the State, Mr. Olawale Fapohunda, who frowned at the act, vowed to sue the state governor-elect, Ayodele Fayose, and also hold his lawyers responsible for the act. However, the Governor elect has denied ordering anyone to beat up the said judge.  And here's what he said... Find it below...

“I am not aware that a judge was beaten. In fact, this is strange to me. Though, I visited the Election Petition Tribunal as a party to the case and I was the only one that was allowed passage by security to the Tribunal. And to the best of my knowledge, the three judges handling the Tribunal case actually seated.
“How can I order the people to beat up a Judge that has nothing to do with me? At what point was this Judge beaten? Was he a member of the Tribunal? Because I went to the Tribunal and not the regular Court.
“But I want to point out that a situation whereby Judges or judicial officers , who should be custodian of the law got compromised with politicians, then anarchy sets in. The Judge handling the suit against my qualification dropped the case because of tension and because he lacks the confidence to continue.
“It would have been better for him to insist that he would try the case based on its merit. It is sad that most of our judges have compromised.
“If you have been defeated in all the 16 Local Governments and you now want to come through the window, it won’t be like ice cream party to APC. I would not be too cheap like Segun Oni. I am not going to be cheap at all because I am elected by the people.
“I don’t care about whatever they write about me because I have grown a thick skin. The strategy of APC will not work. Nobody, no matter how highly placed would remove me cheaply.”


culled: kevindjakpor.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment