Translate

Monday 26 August 2013

WAEC revalidates cancelled result

 WAEC revalidates cancelled result

Following National Mirror’s report of August 15 on the allegation of invalidation of 2008 May/June SSCE results of some candidates in Benin, Edo State capital, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has, again, revalidated the result of one of the concerned candidates.
In the report, a final year student of the Department of Geology, Faculty of Physical Sciences at the University of Benin, Malomi Butane Prosper, accused the examination body of suddenly cancelling Biology, one of the subjects in his SSCE results, written five years ago at Diamond Scholars Academy in Benin.
Prosper, who said it was the university’s Senate Committee that discovered the error while screening the list of prospective graduating students in preparation for their mobilisation for the mandatory National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC), was surprised last week when he checked his result online and found out it had been revalidated.
“I could not believe my eyes when I first checked on my phone and saw my Biology subject released. It was like a miracle to me because this was an issue that almost made me mad. I know how much I had suffered to get the attention of WAEC but none was ready to offer me any reasonable reason, not even at the Head Office in Lagos.
“I think I must commend National Mirror for taking up my case even without knowing. If not for the ASUU strike, the university would have expelled me for an offence I never committed and my dream of becoming a geologist would have just been dashed like that. I think I feel very proud now that I can return to school to get screened in preparation for my graduation,” Prosper told National Mirror.
He added that his course adviser, Mr. Joel Edagbai, advised him to approach the Students’ Affairs Department where he said the secretary to the screening committee, who he simply identified as Mr. Ogbemudia, had instructed him to enclose the new result and other documents to be presented for the committee’s appraisal.
“I have immediately enclosed all the required documents including my eligibility form, UTME result, WAEC result and WAEC scratch card for verification. He only told me that members of the committee are also members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and could not do anything until the union resumes duty,” he added.
NATIONAL MIRROR

No comments:

Post a Comment