Translate

Saturday 28 September 2013

Kosi Obiefuna Reveals How Her Lecturer Fell for Her Boóbs


From her early days as an undergraduate, Nigerian model Kosi Obiefuna had to endure the embarrassing stare and gaze by the opposite séx.
The fact that men – both young and elderly – stare at her would have been understandable, but staring at just one part of her body for so long makes the matter worse for her.

In a recent interview, Obiefuna whose first name coincidentally sounds like that of one of Nigeria’s most controversial actresses, Cossy Orjiakor, spoke about different aspects of her life, including her experience as a model, her good, bad and ugly moments as well as how she deals with the attention she gets.
Still in her mid-20s, Obiefuna has sure had more than her fair share of attention from admirers especially men who salivate and gawk at the sheer size of her bóobs.
Obiefuna who studies History and International Relations at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, also revealed how her lecturer once tried to lure her to a hotel room, after spending half his lecture-time gazing at her bóobs.
Excerpts:
Would it be right to say you’re a very sensitive person?
Yes! I’m a very sensitive person.
How sensitive would you say you are?
This is not to say that I get angry all the time but when I do, it’s always very bad. But I’m generally amiable and fun-loving.
How would you describe yourself?
Kosi is a very simple girl; easy-going though can be erratic at-times especially when people step on my toes. I don’t like it when people get on my wrong side.
Run though the schools you’ve attended till date.
My primary education was in Borno State. I was raised in the North though I was born in Imo State. The nature of my dad’s job required that he moved around a lot so as expected, I was also moving with him.
We lived in the North for about 12 years so I was brought up there. After 12 years, we left. My family and I came down to Lagos in 2005. I had my secondary education at Gideon Comprehensive High School in Okota area of Lagos.
I was later transferred to a military school – Air Force Secondary School in Ikeja. That was where I rounded off my secondary school education and was admitted to Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, in 2007 to study Mass Communication.
After my degree, I went in for History and International Relations in the same institution. It’s been fun and I’m enjoying what I’m doing.
As a child, did you have any job that you always had your eyes on? Perhaps, something you always dreamt of doing.
I remember that as a little girl, I dreamt of becoming a lawyer. I loved the wig and the way they had to argue matters in the open court. It fascinated me.
However, as I grew older, I changed my mind. The older I got, the more the world of entertainment appealed to me. The first time I saw models on TV, it struck me that I could do what they were doing; perhaps even better.
When I saw the calendar and billboards, I pictured my face on them. I felt I had the face to go ahead with it. All this started in 2007.
How did you emerge the Face of Campus?
It was not a competition. It was a friend of mine. While in school, I met a girl who didn’t have accommodation.
At that time, I lived alone. She came to me and asked me to accommodate her. Along the line, she became my friend. She looked at me one day and said:
“Kosi, why are you ‘dulling’ yourself. You’re a very beautiful girl. There’s a number I’m going to give to you. Just call the person.”
She called the guy that night and told him about me, adding that she had given me his number and that he should be expecting my call soon.
My friend kept persuading me to use my face to open doors for myself. I thought I should give it a try. I called the guy the following day and he picked interest in my voice.
He was yet to see me but he was really interested in the voice he heard on phone. He told me he was dying to see me.
This guy came all the way from Lagos to Anambra where I was, just to see me. When he saw me, he was captivated and began asking me for my pictures.
Fortunately, I had some with me so I gave them to him. That was the first time I appeared in a magazine. The magazine is called Jasmine. That was how the whole thing began.
Well, the experience must have opened certain doors for you. What happened thereafter?
When the magazine hit the market, the publisher brought some copies to me. It was really nice and it opened some doors for me. Certain people whom I didn’t know started calling me. It was interesting.
You mentioned that you once lost a modeling job because you are not light-skinned.
Yes! I once got a call from a man I didn’t know. He said he really liked my face and gave me the contact of an agent. He asked me to call the agent after he had spoken to him on my behalf.
I called the person. He gave me directions to his office and we eventually met. When he saw me, he said he actually had a big modeling job he needed someone for.
He told me I was very pretty but that he was actually looking for a light-skinned model. That was how I lost the job and I didn’t find it funny at all.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where a guy tried to get séxually forceful with you?
Not at all!
Do you get upset when people draw a direct comparison between you and Cossy Orjiakor, the busty actress -turned singer?
No, I don’t! Is the anything wrong with the other Cossy?
Does it bother you that you get compared to her sometimes?
I don’t have a problem with sharing her name or getting compared to her. It’s my name.
What part of your body would you consider your favourite?
Hmmmm…
I’m sure it’s the one that gets you the most attention. You don’t have to be shy about it…
(Cuts in) I’m not shy. It’s my bréasts. That’s one part of my body that gets me a whole lot of attention and compliments.
I’m sure you’ve gotten fond of them also.
Yes! Of course, I am.
Do you flaunt it?
Yes, I do.
All the time?
Not really all the time.
So, when do you flaunt it?
I flaunt it whenever I feel like. There are days when I just fall into the mood to flaunt them and I do.
On days when I decide to flaunt my boóbs, I really don’t care what anybody says. I know I’m busty and that’s just it.
Similar incidents happen in my school. I might just be walking down the road, probably going to get something from a supermarket.
There was a particular day I was going to buy fuel for my generator at a gas station, when two men came to me and said they loved my bust. I looked at them and said: “Thank you!”
I know your boóbs get you a lot of attention, but has it ever gotten you into trouble especially with lecturers?
I won’t really say it has gotten me into a deep kind of trouble. I try as much as I can not to reveal too much of it when I have to go to school. I cover myself up properly when I go to school.
The strange thing is that you can’t hide it. You would be surprised to find out that the type of clothes you think would cover you up properly ends up sometimes projecting the bréasts.
There was a day a lecturer made it too obvious that he was finding it difficult concentrating on his lecture because his eyes kept dashing towards me every now and then.
At the end of the lecture, my lecturer walked up to me, passed a sheet of paper to me, and on it was written a hotel name and room number.
He actually did that?
Yes, he did. I understood what he was trying to do because for crying out loud, we are in a university. The lecturer was an elderly man with white beards. Of course, I didn’t go.
In the next five years, what kind of picture do you have in mind?
If I want to go through a career directly related to my course of study in the university. I would love to be an ambassador; working in an embassy. I want to be a Nigerian ambassador to South Africa.
Let’s do favourites – what’s your favourite colour?
Pink. I like pink and blue. My room in school is blue.
Favourite meal
Joll of rice, plantain and chicken
Favourite artistes
I love D’banj and Asa. I also love Neyo, Akon, Beyonce and Rihanna.
Favourite actor
I love Mercy Johnson because she’s very convincing.
Do you like pets?
I like dogs.
Describe your ideal guy for me.
I love quiet guys, not the lousy type. I love calm guys.
I’m the type that talks so I can’t live with a man who talks as well. He just has to be quiet.
I love tall guys. I don’t like light-skinned guys. I can’t even stand them.
I just don’t like such guys at all. I love my guy to be reserved, God-fearing and loving.
If there was anything you could change about yourself, what would it be?
I don’t think I would want to change anything.
culled:talkofnaija

No comments:

Post a Comment