Translate

Sunday 20 October 2013

I’m not ready for marriage — Dencia

                        
Background
My real name is Reprudencia but people call me Dencia.  I am half Nigerian, half Cameroonian. From the time I was five years, I knew what I wanted to do. My grandfather wanted me to be either a lawyer or medical doctor. Fortunately for him, his kids are doing just that but I am not. I was influenced by my aunt, who was a fashionista, a great singer and actress. When I was about 11 years old, she got married and moved to France. She became like an idol and I said to myself, ‘I want to be like her.’ She eventually stopped music and acting. I know that sometimes, marriage is a dream killer. Anyway, I am glad she influenced me.

Music
I love music and I have a passion for it. I’ve always loved performing and I used to be in a dance group when I was younger. It was fun! My inspiration comes from love, life, fashion, people, and cultures. I am an artiste and I make all kind of music but I am more of a hip hop artiste.

Breaking the ice ceiling
I just did what I know how to do, which was to shine through.

Controversial singer?
No, I am not. Honestly, I haven’t done anything controversial and I don’t know where that came from. I care less about what you write about me or whatever I am tagged. It’s your business not mine.

Relationship with other female artistes
Generally, we say hello but I am not friends with any female artiste.  In fact I barely meet any of them and I am very much in my corner-I like it that way. But if you start a conversation with me, I am up for a good laugh and girl talk but I move on. In America, I have a few female artistes, who are my friends and I know I can always ask for help on music, getting other people’s contacts, parties and we dine together.

Collabos
I’ve done two–one with a Ghanaian rapper, Sarkodie, and the newly released single I did with Waje.

Life in Los Angeles
I was recording and now I have over 10 singles, which are ready to be released one after another.

Also, I am working on a huge television project. I was really down these past months and I am just getting my health together. Currently, I am having shows here and there and working on a project, which I will officially announce by December.

Fashionable, sexy diva
That is what people say but fashion wise, I am very particular with what I wear and my body type requires particular measurements. I am quite fashionable and personally buy fabrics and design my clothes. The way I feel when I wake up dictates what I wear.

Relationship
Yes, there is a man in my life and He is God. The way he is blessing me makes me love Him always.

Getting married
The question should be when am I falling in love? I am not worried about marriage right now but I am worried about me, how I live and doing what pleases me. Marriage  is not my priority. I am in my early 20s and I am doing what I love. I am not emotionally, physically, financially and mentally ready for marriage. This is hard because almost everyone I talk to is married. Most girls in my family are. When I am ready, my beast will be right there waiting for his beauty.
culled:PUNCHNG

No comments:

Post a Comment