Translate

Monday 11 November 2013

Man kills cousin after rape in Osun

         TOPE
Security operatives in Osun State have detained a 26-year-old man, Rafiu (surname withheld) for allegedly killing his 10 years old cousin, Tawa after he had allegedly raped her.
Rafiu, who confessed to have committed the offence, said the victim lured him into raping her when she paid a visit to him at his family residence at Ile-Ogbo in Ayedire Local Government Area of the state.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the state Police command, Mrs Folashade Odoro said the suspect, currently in police custody was arrested by a team of detectives from the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) led by an Assistant Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Mohammed Jimoh.

In his confessional statement, the suspect was alleged to have admitted that the deceased was his relative, who visited him regularly at his residence, adding that the late Tawa was known to every member of his family.
The suspect added that: “Tawa met me at the passage of my house when she came to visit me on that fateful day. I asked her where she was going and she responded that somebody sent her some where but decided to check on me.”
“Tawa later dragged me into my room where she removed my trouser and both of us had sex on my bed. Then, she put my manhood into her private part and started shouting. Following this, I started asking her the reason for the alarm she was raising,” the suspect stated.
He added that “the alarm raised by Tawa was after two minutes of sexual intercourse between us. When she started shouting, I got hold of her neck and nose and pressed them till she died finally.”
He admitted that the late Tawa had not had any sexual intercourse with him prior to the one that led to her death in his hands.
The State Commissioner of Police, Mrs Dorothy Gimba has however, directed that the case be investigated and the suspect be arraigned in court.
culled:THE SUN

No comments:

Post a Comment