Translate

Monday 28 April 2014

How A Woman Snatched My Husband - Rachel Oniga


Veteran Nollywood actress Rachael Oniga in this recent interview with the Entertainer revealed how her darling husband, now late, divorced her for another woman.
She also discussed her journey into Nollywood and many other issues:
Interview excerpt:
On how she joined Nollywood, she said
“I started in 1993 after I got separated from my husband; he’s late now. I was a fulltime housewife and before then a computer programmer. After the separation I just said I was not going back into the labour market. So, I went into business trading, traveling and buying things and all of that. Fortunately, I met Uncle ‘Layi Ashadele and he said to me, ‘why don’t you try acting?’ So, I gave it a try and I was invited to the set of Memorial Hospital. That was how the journey started.”

So why didn’t you remarry?

I believe so much in myself, and when I got over the shock of the separation and all that, I made up my mind that I was going to make a statement without a man. I wanted to prove that a hardworking woman could make an impact and with God’s grace I have come a long way.

There’s been no scandal around you. How were you able to handle that?

The truth is that when you’re focused and you know where you’re going to, you’re likely to succeed. I made up my mind then that I wasn’t going to remarry. I was determined to make it and make all men including my late husband know that with God by her side, a woman can make it in life without a man’s support.

That means he hurt you real bad?

Yes. During our years of courtship and marriage, I never suspected that we would just break up like that or anything could ever come between us. Back then he told me everything. I could tell you where he was at every moment; I trusted him so much.

Did you ever get to meet the other woman?

It was later, much later and when I did I was like ‘did he leave me because of this thing?’ I don’t know how to put it but men don’t really appreciate what they have until they lose it.

What advice do you have for women in similar situations?

Just believe in yourself and with hard work you will get there. God is always faithful. I killed my emotions and I said to myself ‘Rachael, your kids must go to the best schools.’ It was just work and my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment