Translate

Saturday 23 August 2014

Enyeama Open To Lille Exit

Enyeamalille
Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has admitted that a transfer before the end of the summer window is a possibility, though he is stated he is not actively seeking a move.

The Nigeria goalkeeper made a number of good stops as the Ligue 1 outfit lost a Champions League playoff first leg 1-0 against Porto at Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Wednesday evening, and with the financial situation of the 2011 Ligue 1 champions complicated, failure to reach the group stages could see them cash in on some notable assets.
Enyeama, who kept 21 cleansheets in 38 Ligue 1 appearances last season, is not pushing to be one of those.

“Leaving Lille? I can’t rule it out,” the 31-year-old told beIN Sports.
“I like Lille, the club, the city… If the club decides to sell me, that is their choice. Personally, I am not particularly looking to leave the club. I’m happy where I am. But if the club woke up and said, ‘Vincent, you have to go’, I would thank them for what they have done and I will.”
Meanwhile, president Michel Seydoux spoke of potential transfers for captain Rio Mavuba and Salomon Kalou, who are both actively seeking moves.
“We have tremendous respect for Rio and Salomon,” he said. “The choice [to move] is personal and not that of the club. We would be delighted if they stayed. That would be good news for Lille.

No comments:

Post a Comment