Translate

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Pope Francis Drops Bombshell: I Have Only 2 or 3 Years to Live

               
We have one Pope emeritus and now this again? It is well! But for the Catholic faithful, this piece of news will definitely be hard to stomach: Pope Francis has said he has only two or three years to live.

The Argentina-born Pope hinted that he had ‘some nerve problems’ which require treatment. Speaking with a group of journalists aboard his jet as he returned from a trip to South Korea, the Pope said:
“I see it as the generosity of the people of God. I try to think of my sins, my mistakes, not to become proud. Because I know it will last only a short time... Two or three years and then I’ll be off to the Father’s house.”

The respected Pope, according to the Mailonline, also hinted on the possibility of retiring from the Papacy if his health failed to cope with the rigours of his office.

Recall that his predecessor, Benedict XVI, stepped down last year, in an unprecedented move that opened the way for Francis to become the Pope.

Pope Francis is 77, he has been the most vigorous Pope in years, his energy proving the key to his popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment