Translate

Thursday 27 November 2014

For resembling Rihanna, companies pay this lady thousands of pounds to endorse their products

                     Rihanna Lookalike
There is no downside to looking exactly like Rihanna – her fans approach you, freebies and some companies will even pay you thousands of Pounds to endorse their products, BN reports.
That is the life that Andele Lara is living. Andele says she has landed over £13, 000 worth of clothing contracts in the past year alone.

There may be some downsides however as 22-year-old Andele Lara says that sometimes she gets followed by people who are convinced that she is Bajan singer, Rihanna.
                    Andere Lara
According to Andele, she is now committed to spending her life as a professional Rihanna lookalike.
She says, ‘The moment I step out anywhere, everyone starts staring and whispering before I get bombarded by strangers asking to take their photo with me. This happens every day – It doesn’t matter what I do. I can’t go twenty-four hours without hearing Rihanna’s name. I know I could happily give up my part-time job and studies to have a career as a Rihanna lookalike.’

Andele explains one of her mistaken-identity scenarios, ‘When I go on a night out, that’s when the attention is at its highest. Even my friends get annoyed by the number of people that come up to me. Men come up to me all the time, thinking I’m Rihanna and buying me drinks! They chat me up and try to get my number. I was at a club in Boston and Chris Brown was there. Because he was there, I guess everyone assumed I was Rihanna! I was casually walking around and all these star-struck people were holding their hand to their hearts backing away from me and staring. At first, I was confused but then I realised what was going on. In the end, I spent the whole night taking fun pictures with groups of people who had mistaken me for Rihanna.’
According to Daily Mail, as a result of the similarities, Andele has landed over £13,000 worth of clothing contracts in the last year and over 18,000 followers on Instagram.
                   Andele Lara
                                                 Andele Lara

Andele LaraAndele Lara                          Andele Lara
                                                    Andele Lara

She says, ‘I’ve scored hair contracts as well as sneaker, mascara, hair accessories and apparel deals. I also get into clubs for free and I get a lot of free drinks too…I am grateful for my followers and I love the chance to give them advice. I get tons of fan-mail and messages from people… I know I could make a career of it. I’m pretty much a lookalike in my daily life now! But unfortunately I can’t sing though so I might have to take singing lessons!’

No comments:

Post a Comment