Translate

Saturday 20 August 2016

Guardiola To Mould Iheanacho Same Way He Moulded Messi

ihenacho and guardola
Manager of Manchester City Pep Guardiola, largely credited for turning Lionel Messi into a goal scoring forward, has same plans for Nigerian striker Kelechi Iheanacho after the 19 year old extended his contract to 2021.

Guardiola used almost same words he used in describing Lionel Messi years ago before he converted him to a forward at Barcelona, on the Nigerian shortly after his contract extension.


“Kelechi is a natural goalscorer. I knew about him before, but I’ve been really impressed with him since I arrived,” Guardiola said.

“I like his personality, his attitude, his ability- we hope to help him reach the highest level and to realise his full potential”.

Iheanacho scored 14 times last season despite the fact that 25 of his 36 appearances all came as a substitute in his first full season as a professional.

On his part the 2013 FIFA Under-17 Golden boot winner, who finished as City’s third top scorer last season revealed he has been learning a lot from the new manager.

“The manager has spoken to me a lot this season. He has been encouraging me and has been getting me to focus and work the way we are going to work this season” He said.

“I’m working hard to know more and learn more about what he wants on the pitch and off it. I’m really happy working with him. I will keep learning from him to get better”.

No comments:

Post a Comment