Translate

Saturday 26 July 2014

You SHOULD never sleep with your Samsung phone under your pillow or charge overnight!!!

A 13-year-old Texas girl, Ariel Tolfree was recently awoken by a smoldering
Samsung cell phone under her pillow. She placed her Samsung Galaxy S4 under
 her pillow as she fell asleep. Later that night, she smelled something burning.
“I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” Tolfree said.

Tolfree’s dad believes the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and ignite a small fire.
Reacting to the report, the cell phone manufacturer  says she did something they warn users about, never put your phone in a place where it might not get enough air!
In another development, Kent's Holly Hewett, 25, plugged her phone in to charge while she slept, but she was later woken up by a sizzling sound and the smell of burning. Smoke rose from her Samsung Galaxy S4 and it burned her carpet. She is now warning others not to charge their smartphones overnight.

Miss Hewett threw the device into her sink after she was woken by it smouldering on her bedroom floor
She said: 'I woke up at 4.30am when my boyfriend got up to go to work and looked at my phone to check the time.
'I noticed it was running low on battery so I plugged it in and put it on charge.
'At about 5am I checked the time again then rolled over and went back to sleep, but within about 10 minutes of that I heard a sizzling sound.
'Even though it was dark I could smell the smoke. I picked it up and the screen sparked.
'As I walked to the bathroom the battery fell out of the casing at the back onto the floor.
'I didn’t burn myself but there's a hole in the carpet where it scorched it. The smell was awful, so I opened a window.'
She added: 'I was on my own and panicked because I'd got no house phone so I didn’t know how to contact anyone to let them know what had happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment