Translate

Friday 15 May 2015

If my wife tries to change me, I will send her to her father's house - Denrele

Denrele Edun has opened up on what to expect when he gets married this year.He says he can't wait to have children.Read excerpts from his new interview with Encomium


Will you drop your weird attitude by the time you get married?
It will continue. I am not putting up an act. This is who I am. I am happy about it. If I stop, people will think I have been living a lie for a long time, it will be a complete waste of time. It will be better for me to run to a country that is not on the world map. I don’t think I am weird, I am a regular guy, I am really grateful to God for that. I rather retrieve my bride price and send her to her father’s house. She will just spoil my market, Denrele fetches me money.

It seems Denrele is getting fair?
It is powder and photoshop. Of course, I am a little lighter than I used to be. I started appreciating myself and taking good care of myself. Again, my mother is not a Nigerian, she is not African. She is Indian. When I was in secondary school, I used to be very light, gradually, I became dark. My mom used to complain all the time that I am too dark. All in all, I just started taking care of myself with the right products

When will Denrele marry?
This year. I don’t want to say much about it. I don’t want anybody to know the bride. I can’t wait to start having children. I love children so much.

Have you found Miss Right?
It is a yes or no. I am still trying to understand what is going on. I have been into relationships that the person wanted to change me. Someone even fought me because of my friendship with Goldie. I just want her to understand me and where I am coming from. She is a Nigerian but I go with the flow, anything can happen

You often give the impression that you would have loved to come as a lady?
This is a good question nobody has ever asked me before. I look a lot like my mother, I know I look towards the feminine side, there is no denying it. People have even labelled my mannerism and gesticulation to my sexual preference but I always tell people, whom you go to bed with is different from who you go to bed as. If I was trying to be a lady, I am deceiving my conscience and living a lie. I am just comfortable with the person I am, I am comfortable with my identity I have built over the years. I am comfortable with the brand that is selling my market. We are in Nigeria, we are conservative people, they frown at what I do but they secretly admire the guts I have, they secretly wish they have such gut too. I was a bit confused about my identity while growing up. Every day people asked me if I was a girl or a boy. Even at the university, most time, I open my chest and tell them I will open my trouser too if they can open their’s. We will just end up laughing about it. I like who I am, I can’t give up Denrele for anything.


culled: http://www.kevindjakporblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment