Translate

Monday 29 February 2016

Emmanuel Emenike rejects Super Eagles return

Emmanuel Emenike rejects Super Eagles return
There are reports that new coach Samson Siasia is set to recall Vincent Enyeama and striker, Emmanuel Emenike ahead of next month’s African Nations Cup (AFCON) qualifiers against Egypt.

Emenike who won the golden boot at the 2013 AFCON tournament which Nigeria won under Stephen Keshi, insisted that he would not return to the national team, adding that Sunday Oliseh did not force him to quit the team.

“I’m done with the Super Eagles, and I am making it clear again that I am not going back. It’s my decision and I am not going to reverse it, I am sorry if I have offended anybody regarding this but no Eagles return for me.
“Like I said, I didn’t quit because of anybody, it was a personal decision. Oliseh didn’t force me out of the Super Eagles as it was reported.
“I don’t need anybody to speak with me before I take a decision. It was my decision and I won’t reverse it,” Emenike told Sporting Life.
It would be recalled that Emenike who now plays for English Premier League side, West Ham United dumped the Super Eagles after a reported row with Coach Sunday Oliseh.

Also, Vincent Enyeama retired from the international football after the shot-stopper fell out with Sunday Oliseh in the team’s camp in Belgium.

The drama in Belgium allegedly started after Oliseh told Enyeama to leave the camp for questioning his choice of Ahmed Musa as captain. Enyeama denied this allegation saying his confrontation with gaffer Sunday Oliseh arose after his dead mother was insulted.

Culled from www.naij.com

No comments:

Post a Comment