Translate

Wednesday 10 February 2016

SO SAD! Yoruba Actor Arakangudu Died of Heart Attack

I was sad when I started seeing information about this man's death on the social media on Tuesday...
Top Yoruba actor, Sikiru Adesina, popularly called Arakangudu, died in the early hours of Tuesday, in Kaduna of possibly a heart attack, according to those who were with him when it happened.


The news of his death has provoked emotions online, with his fans paying glowing tributes to him.

Speaking with Punch on the telephone from his base in Ekiti, veteran thespian Chief Jimoh Aliu, said those with the late actor broke the news of his death to him on Tuesday morning.

He said, “I was called by those who were with him. They told me that he died after making a noise from his sleep. They told me he died early this morning.”

The deceased, who shuttled between his base in Osogbo and Kaduna State, was shooting a movie before the unfortunate incident.

Another celebrated actor, Jide Kosoko, said, "It was a long time I saw him before this incident. He played his part and contributed to the Nigerian theatre industry.”

On his part, popular comedian Mr. Latin said, “He was a talented actor and a wonderful person. Like him, I belong to Osun Arts Council since I am from Osun State. He spoke Hausa fluently because he lived in the North. I am in touch with Toyin and Antar Laniyan to monitor the movement of the remains of Arakangudu to Osogbo from Kaduna.

“He would have been buried immediately but for the 10-hour journey of moving his corpse by road. He would be buried 10am on Wednesday (today).”

It was said that he died after an asthmatic attack. May his soul rest in peace. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment