Translate

Wednesday 16 July 2014

Chelsea Signs Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa

Diego Costa
Photo: Diego Costa

Chelsea FC currently led by Jose Mourinho have signed a 5-year contract with Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.
Information about the deal surfaced in March, when some sources claimed the head coach was determined to buy Costa and Falcao. Months later the agreement has been reached, Sky Sports reports.

The 25-year-old footballer, who played for Spain at the concluded 2014 FIFA World Cup, was allegedly transferred to the Premier League club for the fee of £32million, however the official information on the price of the deal was not provided.
Responding to his move to Chelsea, Costa said:


"Everybody knows it is a big club in a very competitive league, and I am very excited to get started in England with a fantastic coach and team-mates."

It would be recalled that Atletico striker scored the second goal from penalty in the semi-final match against Chelsea of the latest UEFA Champions League. That game ended up in 3-1 victory for the Spanish club, which though yielded the championship to Real Madrid.

After joining his new club, Costa recalled the tournament match:

"Having played against Chelsea last season I know the high quality of the squad I am joining. I would like to thank everybody at Atletico who made me into the player I am, it was an incredible time for me, but now I am starting a new adventure and I hope to win many trophies with Chelsea."

No comments:

Post a Comment