Translate

Saturday 3 October 2015

NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian with Drugs (Photo)

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos have arrested a Nigerian grocer based in Pretoria, South Africa with 3.920kg of substances found to be methamphetamine.


The drug was concealed in  two bags the suspect identified as Ayoola Ayodeji Adebayo wanted to check in at the departure hall. The arrest took place during the outward screening of passengers on Ethiopian airline flight to South Africa.

NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Mr. Ahmadu Garba, said:
“A Nigerian living in South Africa by name Ayoola Ayodeji Adebayo was found in
possession of 3.920kg of methamphetamine on his way to South Africa. The drug was
found in a false bottom of his luggage while he was trying to check in the luggage. The case is being investigated” Ahmadu stated.
The suspect, who holds a Higher National Diploma in Estate Management, said he made a mistake getting involved in drug trafficking.
“I sell food and small household goods in Pretoria and I have lived in South Africa for over three years. My friend in Pretoria asked me to bring the two bags to him. He bought my return ticket and gave me N150,000.
I thought the drug would not be detected because it was neatly concealed. This is a big mistake on my part because I have sustained my family with the grocery business. It will not happen again if I can get out of this problem,” he said.


culled: http://www.kevindjakporblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment