Translate

Friday 19 June 2015

Photo: Woman hands 14 year old to rapist after she was paid

A 25-year-old Abia state indigene, Nnena Okoro has been arrested and arraigned before an Apapa High Court for conniving with a rapist to lure a 14 year old girl, Faith (not real name) pictured above from her home where she lived with her aunt in Sumoratu Estate, off Ojo Road, Lagos State to a hotel in Wowo street in Ojo Lagos where she was raped on May 16th.

Punch reports that Nnena who resides in the same area with Faith and was the little girl's confidant, had on the day of the incident asked Faith to get her some mangoes at Barracks area. When they got to Wowo street, she lured the girl into the hotel which is located on the same street, and handed her to the rapist.

Narrating what happened, Faith said
"Aunty Nnena (Okoro) said I should follow her to buy mangoes in Barracks Lane. She did not like the mangoes they had there and she said we should go to Ojo Road. We went to a hotel and met a man, who she called her friend. Aunty Nnena told me to enter a room. Suddenly, both of them dragged me to the bed. Nnena held my hand and covered my mouth with a cloth. The man pulled off my trousers and raped me. He left the hotel immediately he finished doing it and said he had paid Aunty Nnena. I went outside crying. It was one woman around the area that helped to clean the blood coming out from my private parts when she saw me. She later took me to the Layeni Police Station."she said
Nnena in her confessional statement denied taking Faith to the rapist
"Faith is my friend. On the fateful day, we both went to buy mangoes on Ojo Road. On getting to a hotel at Tolu, one man called her. They both discussed and the man paid N500 to the hotel attendant and they entered the room. I later left them inside the room to ease myself. It was when I came back that she told me that she was raped. I did not know that she was a virgin. We have never discussed anything like that before. Her pants were stained with blood. I have never seen the man before that day, but I can recognize him if I see him again.”
Nnena has been arraigned before an Apapa Magistrate court on a two count charge, and had pleaded not guilty to the crime. The presiding magistrate, Mr. P.A. Adekomaya, after hearing her defense, granted her bail in the sum of N100,000 and adjourned the case till June 22, 2015.

A test carried out on Faith showed her hymen had been ruptured.

No comments:

Post a Comment