Translate

Friday 20 May 2016

Canadian couple hold wedding in front of 1,100 cats

A Canadian couple traveled to California to demonstrate both their love for each other and animals as they were married in front of more than 1,000 cats.



In addition to being the largest cage free, no-kill cat sanctuary in North America, the Cat House on the Kings was also the site of the wedding between Dominic Husson and Louise Veronneau.

Veronneau and Husson met in Quebec and decided to get married after three years of dating, with their love of animals serving as a foundation for their bond.

"I saw that we were sharing the same values," Veronneau told KFSN. "These are values, these are the basics of our relationship and our love for animals and beings."

"We are both animal lovers and it was easy," Husson added. "She is a great person, that is why I married her."

Veronneau first visited the Cat House in 2012 and was so touched by the shelter that she added a return trip to her bucket list.

"I fell in love," she said. "I fell in love with the work Lynea and her team is doing for the cats and the rescuing."

Founder of the Cat House Lynea Lattanzio officiated the wedding, but was admittedly nervous about being a part of the ceremony.

"When I was first asked to do it I said no I didn't want to do it," she said. " I was afraid I would make a mess and screw it up - you know, forget my lines."

She added that the shelter's 1,100 cats are used to interactions with people and were less apprehensive about being the stars of the ceremony.

"They are so used to people coming through, that they just enjoy the attention that they get," she said.

credit:http://www.upi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment