Translate

Wednesday 26 August 2015

“I HAVE NOT BEEN MY REAL SELF SINCE JENIFA EVOLVED” – FUNKE AKINDELE

Image result for funke akindele photo gallery
Top Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, has revealed that since she played the comic Jenifa character in her self-produced movie sometime back, she has found it hard to live her life as Funke Akindele rather than as Jenifa, which she is well known for.



She also disclosed her bitterness in fighting within herself to separate her comic character from her real person.

“Well, it’s beginning to affect me now, though it wasn’t like that before because it used to be just a movie.

“When you give me a script for a role in a movie, I get into it and it takes me like three months to get out of it; it’s that bad because I go really deep into it.

“For example, it took me about six months to get out of character in ‘Maami,’ and for ‘Omo Ghetto,’ it took me almost a year to get out of it. For Jenifa, it’s been difficult and no thanks to my fans who always want to see the Jenifa character and not Funke,” she told E-247.

culled: http://www.playgroundtv.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment